Client Service Associate
We are currently seeking a Client Service Associate to join Redwood Investment Management, in our Scottsdale, AZ office. The associate will join a talented team of professionals who execute critical daily client account communication and trade operations. These day-to-day tasks that are critical to client satisfaction and Firm success include advisor-client correspondence and coordination, account administration, facilitating account management of Redwood’s separately managed portfolios, and assisting in general securities trading and reporting. This position requires a demonstrated track record working in operations/account processing with an RIA (Registered Investment Advisor), strong interpersonal skills, outstanding organizational skills, and a superb attention to detail. Redwood Investment Management is a quantitative research focused investment firm managing over $2 billion. Redwood is the advisor to the Redwood Mutual Funds, and LeaderShares® ETFs. Redwood is a pioneer of the RiskFirst® philosophy and process to drive better outcomes for financial advisors and their clients. Our offices are in Scottsdale, AZ. & Los Angeles, CA. This role is not remote and is in our Scottsdale, AZ office.
- Servicing through frequent correspondence via telephone or email to provide HIGH TOUCH service to Financial Advisors
- Preparing and managing client financial paperwork processes for solicitor accounts from start to completion: opening new accounts, transferring of assets, to setting up trades, and general account maintenance (RMD, termination, deposits, disbursement, etc.)
- Handling and setting up advisor-client (separately managed accounts) inquiries, solving service transactions through use of TD Ameritrade VEO and TD iRebal
- Assisting operations team in processing billing and account checks
- Assisting in securities trading, daily trade confirmations and reconciliation for client accounts
- Creating and maintaining confidential client portfolio reports using Black Diamond
- Maintaining compliance logs, client spreadsheets, client files, and mailing lists
- Assisting Redwood’s CCO (Chief Compliance Officer) in account management retention, i.e. saving and reviewing balances, positions, statements, and necessary files to ensure compliance to securities regulations
- Responsible for ongoing general administrative desk support as needed to all firm team members including sales, operations, and compliance
- 0-2 year(s) relevant experience, working with a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), investment management firm, or broker/dealer
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, and detail oriented
- Emphasis on strong written and verbal skills; understands how to communicate with third-party service providers to complete requests on behalf of Redwood; understand how to service third-party financial advisors and their requests
- Ability for creative analytical problem solving
- Extremely competent in Excel (IF statements, VLOOKUP, PivotTable), Outlook
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Trading familiarity with TD Ameritrade VEO & TD Ameritrade iRebal is a plus
- Familiarity with BlackDiamond platform is a plus
- Knowledge of RedTail CRM is a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Maintain composure and stay detail orientated while solving problems.
- Positive, trustworthy, and responsible.
- Independently motivated, proactive, and strong project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under deadlines.
- Creative impulse to design and be able to express your vision.
- Team player and a go-getter.
This position is in-person in the office in Scottsdale, Arizona. No remote applicants.